Reclining chairs are used in medical facilities to keep patients comfortable while recovering from illness or surgery or undergoing procedures, such as dialysis or chemotherapy. They are built to be durable, functional and low maintenance.
Recliners also include an array of features such as swing-away arms, height-adjustable seating and Trendelenburg positioning to ensure that patients are safe while seated. As hospitals and medical centers face increasing demands to reduce infections, lower readmissions and increase patient satisfaction, medical recliners have played a vital role. Reclining chairs with easy-to-clean surfaces decrease the risk of hospital-acquired infections and subsequent readmissions. And because they’re comfortable, reclining chairs can lessen patient stress and strain.
Medical recliners have features that benefit patients and staff, such as:
Recliners with adjustable backs and arm heights and higher weight capacities make them multifunctional.
Chairs with lockable casters provide security when locked and ease of mobility when unlocked.
Chairs that are cleanable, non-porous, mildew resistant and durable (able to withstand approved sanitizing solutions) resist germs.
- Aesthetically pleasing
Chairs with clean, simple lines emphasize functionality.
Custom Comfort Medtek’s reclining medical chairs provide a variety of features that defines them as leaders in the market:
- Space-saving chairs slide to a full recline position while sitting only 5 inches from a wall.
- Height-adjustable recliners adjust with pneumatics or hand-held remotes and chair-mounted battery packs to fit the ergonomic needs of all patients.
- Easy side access recliners allow patients effortless access in and out of the chair.
- Traveling arm recliners let patients move from room to room via manual operation or electric motor while in a comfortable sitting or reclining position.
- Trendelenburg recliners position patients comfortably with their legs slightly above their heart, when medically necessary.
Custom Comfort Medtek’s reclining chairs are also designed with adjustable footrests, heavy-duty quiet casters, extra-wide seating, optional folding trays and high-density foam padded seats, armrests and backs.
About Custom Comfort Medtek
Custom Comfort Medtek has been manufacturing specialty medical furniture and related products since 1987. Located in Central Florida, the company prides itself on designing products to meet a variety of clinical needs for customers worldwide. Visit CustomComfort.com to request a digital catalog or contact the company directly at 800-749-0933.
This entry was posted in no categories.